Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas!

As is everyone, I'm getting really excited for Christmas (and especially the end of the semester). It was great to watch the Christmas Devotional tonight. I think it is my favorite general authority address of the year. It is always a positive message, and it always makes me feel like Christmas is really coming. Since we are low on funds this year, I made a tree out of some old fabric while I listened to the devotional.

Ok, so its not the most fantastic thing ever. I'll add some ornaments or something later. But still, it was really nice to get in the Christmas Spirit tonight. When we were walking off campus the other day, I told my husband how much I hate that every year they put Christmas lights up on campuse right before finals, because its like saying, "Hey look - Happy Christmas! What? You have a thousand things to do and finals week is about to kick your butt? Oops. Guess you better go back to the library." I realize that is a pretty negative outlook, but sometimes I don't want to see anything Christmasy until I can actually enjoy it. Despite the fact that I have to write about 15 pages by tomorrow night, I'm actually glad that I was able just relax, enjoy the Sabbath, and yes, even let myself enjoy the Christmas spirit. We're almost there!

3 comments:

  1. I love your tree! Very clever! Good luck with all you have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way every fall semester. It's so frustrating. Remember how I'm making you dinner though? :)

    ReplyDelete