Friday, December 2, 2011

Book Coma

My husband makes fun of me because after I read for a long time I loose the ability to communicate verbally for a good hour or so. Ok, I don't really lose the ability, I just prefer not to. Once I open my mouth that other-world (in whatever book I was reading) is officially separate. This is weird, I accept that.

Point is, I have been on campus for 62 hours and counting since Monday. About 20 of those have been spent reading Talmage's journals. 20 have been at work, which does provide some interaction, but mostly it is just cataloging photographs, a pretty solitary endeavor. I've had only 6.5 hours of class this week, and the other 15 or 20 hours or so have been spent writing and reading for other assignments. I'm having a hard time functioning in any mode of communication other than writing, which is why its a good thing I have to blog, right? (Nevermind the thirty or so pages I have to write for other classes in the next week).

This was the best picture I could find that explains my state of mind, except that I wont be able to actually sleep until next Thursday, at which point I hope I look as comfortable and oblivious as this kid.


3 comments:

  1. Haha I know exactly how you feel. When I was little, I used to get grounded from reading. My mom would see the light on in my room at 2 in the morning, and ban me from reading that book...it killed me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was incredibly funny :) i admire your ability to stay on campus for so long; i never make it more than a couple hours, except during finals weeks but those don't count as normal in any way.

    ReplyDelete